YOGA FOR SCIATICA
Pain in the distribution of the sciatic nerve is called as sciatica
- Ruptured disc or osteoarthritis of the lower spine
- Tumours of the pelvis
- Exposures to cold and damp
- Deformities of the lower spine
- Onset may be sudden or gradual
- Constant aching pain is felt in the lumbar region and may radiate to the buttock, thigh, calf and foot.
- Pain is exacerbated by coughing or straining and may be relieved by lying flat.
- Bhujangasana Ardha shalabhasana
- Backward bending
- Nadi shuddhi