Asana and Bio-mechanism Teacher Training Course
The Yoga Biomechanics course aims to deepen students’ understanding of yoga by studying the biomechanics of yoga poses, learning how to apply anatomical guidelines to position correct positions, studying effective teaching techniques in a variety of situations, and exploring the history and philosophy of yoga.
What is Biomechanism?
Biomechanics is the use of mechanical methods to study the mechanical structure, function and movement of biological systems at any level from the entire organism to organs, cells and organelles.
What you will learn from this course?
- Meaning, scope and importance of Biomechanism in yoga.
- Aim, objectives and need of Biomechanism and kinesiology.
- Postural Deformities (Types, Causes and Remedies & Prevention)
- Definitions and Mechanics of Stretch and Flexibility (Stretch Reflex)
- Types of Stretching – Static Stretching – Ballistic Stretching.
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)- Contraction- Relaxation
- Factor Affecting Flexibility and Principles of Stretching
- Explore the relationship between the Axial and the appendicular skeletal system.
- Review movement mechanics of the skeletal system
- This course is open to all students who wish to deepen their knowledge and application of some of the highest teachings of yoga anatomy.
- Participants do not need to be yoga
- Mastery of any yoga practice is not
- Only yours sincere desire for knowledge and your commitment to personal
- Love for Yoga is the most important eligibility factor for learning this course.
- Students who want to know Yoga in totality and move beyond Asana and Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha.
Assessment and Certification
The students are continuously assessed throughout the course at all levels. There will be a written exam at the end of the course to evaluate the understanding of the philosophy of Yoga and skills of the students. Participants should pass all different aspects of the course to be eligible for the course diploma.
What do I need for the online course?
- Yoga mat
- Computer / Smartphone with camera
- Internet connection
- Yoga Blocks
- Pillow or Bolster or Cushion
- Notebook and Pen
- Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews.
- Key Muscles of Yoga, Ray Long.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Niranjananda Saraswati
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Light On Yoga.
Students who complete their training before 31 December 2023 are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
How the Training Works
There will be 05 non-contact hours of pre-recorded and 10 contact hours of live sessions via Zoom,
Worldwide Accredited Certification
Karuna Yoga Vidya Peetham teacher training certificate course is accredited by Yoga Alliance USA.
Why choose Karuna yoga Vidya Peetham?
Karuna Yoga Vidya Peetham is an international yoga teacher training school, in India and we provide internationally accredited professional yoga courses and training while maintaining the authenticity of the ancient teachings.
- Worldwide Accredited -Accredited with Yoga Alliance
- Top Ratings – 5-star ratings on Google
- Professional – Professional school for sincere learning
- Post Course Support – Post-course support available to every graduate
- Experienced professional teacher
- Flexible timings
- Start teaching immediately
- Best curriculum
- Giving adequate guidance to the individuals and groups during training sessions.
- To enable the student to have a sound body and sound mind, along with Yoga ethics.
What you can expect from us?
- Well qualified and experienced faculty with their own specialties.
- Yoga Alliance USA certification as 10 Hrs YACEP – international certification that allows you to teach yoga anywhere in the world
- Yoga helps in self-discipline, leading to immense amount of awareness, concentration and higher level of consciousness.
- To enable the student to have sound body and sound mind, along with Yoga ethics.
- Yoga course help, to learn to handle oneself well in all situations, to learn techniques of gaining good health, to develop a discriminative mind capable of knowing the real from the unreal and to face the dualities of life with equanimity.
- Yoga course increase level of awareness and balance attitude for social activity.
- At the end of the course not only you would have adapted a healthy life style but you would also be fit to show others this path by becoming a skilled Yoga teacher.
Fee: USD 300.
Training Venue: Online Stream
- Physiology of Muscle contraction
- The events of muscle contraction
- Negatively & Positively Charged
- Neuromuscular junction (Myoneural junction)
- 2. Biomechanics of Stretching
- What is stretching?
- Moving origins & Insertions
- Spinal Cord Reflexes
- Muscle Spindle Stretch Receptor
- Reciprocal Inhibition
- Golgi tendon Organ
- Physiology in Stretching
- 3. Stretching, Contraction and Flexibility and Yogic Techniques
- Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise
- Anaerobic Exercise
- Aerobic exercise
- Types of Flexibility
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Static-Passive Flexibility
- Factors Limiting Flexibility
- Internal Influences
- External Influences
- How Muscles Contract
- Fast and Slow Muscle Fibers
- Cooperating Muscle Groups
- Agonist/Antagonist Muscle Pairs
- Types of Muscle Contractions
- Isometric Contraction
- Isotonic Contraction
- Concentric Contraction
- Eccentric Contraction
- Stretching & Yoga
- What Happens When You Stretch
- Stretch Reflex
- Components of the Stretch Reflex
- The Lengthening Reaction
- Reciprocal Inhibition
- Types of Stretching
- Ballistic Stretching
- Dynamic Stretching
- Active Stretching
- Passive Stretching
- Static Stretching
- Isometric Stretching
- PNF Stretching