- Have you completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program but hesitated to start teaching?
- Are you teaching the occasional class but struggling to break through into studios?
We offer one-month or self-paced mentorships for new and aspiring yoga teachers in Bangalore. We’ll look at and re-calibrate all areas of your current teaching profile and develop a clear strategy for getting you into studios.
We want to hear from you and figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are concerning your yoga teaching. What are your dreams and goals for your teaching future? How can we integrate your life experiences into a yoga class and support you in finding the right yoga career path that suits your lifestyle and goals?
What we do?
We ask you to teach a class either in-person in the studio or online. We will give you detailed feedback from the class. We will discuss sequencing, creativity, tone of voice and cues, the effectiveness of your music, holding a space, verbal and/or physical adjustments performed and the ability to adapt the class to the students present, in terms of injuries or limitations. We want to know why you teach the way you do and give you pointers on how to polish your skills and make you stand out.
To whom it’s for?
This program is uniquely designed for any type of certified yoga teachers seeking to expand their teaching skills with individualized coaching and support.
•You must have at least a 50/100/200-hour yoga teaching certificate from a Yoga Alliance or any other certified yoga school
•You must have an open mind with a desire to grow
•You must be open to receiving feedback by embracing the opportunity of being guided by your mentor and peers.
Student Progress Assessment
•You will receive weekly feedback from your mentor during your mentorship sessions.
•Your progress will be evaluated based on teaching skills, participation and homework.
•You must attend all required meetings, classes and finish all homework.
What you will gain through mentorship with us?
With your mentor, you will create tangible goals to personalize the yoga mentorship program based on what you need. Some topics your personalized mentorship program can focus on would be from one or any of the following:
What you’ll learn?
• Speaking Skills
• Practice Teaching
• Assists (verbal & hands-on)
• Professional Skills
• Classroom Management & Observation
• How to build a class
• Advanced Cuing and Refinements
• Yin yoga
• Yoga therapy
• Vinyasa yoga
• Restorative yoga
• Hatha yoga
• Business of Yoga
• Studio guidelines
• Your role as a teacher “space holder”
• Boundaries and responsibilities
• Anatomy of postures
• Philosophy of movement
• How to hold space for every “body”
• Teaching ethics and guidelines
• Teacher/student practice sessions
• The art of holding space for yourself
• How receive more abundance while prioritizing your own well being
• Sequencing-how to create classes for a variety of levels, themes, & needs
• How to learn, teach, modify and sequence asanas (poses)
• How to create and lead a workshop
• How to create and lead a retreat
• How to practice and lead meditation
• How to practice and teach Hatha Flow, Hatha, Yin & Restorative yoga
• The business of yoga
• How to market yourself and business
• How to find your niche & what lights you up and grow into that!
• Getting to know the student body
• Teaching new students
• Observing seasoned students
How to register?
You will fill in a mentorship form, which will detail which topics are relevant to you in each module. As a group, we will discuss/decide what needs to be covered during our time together when we have our initial talk.
Types of Mentorship Offered and Price
Mode 1: Hatha Yoga Teaching Mentorship
Mode 2: Vinyasa Yoga Teaching Mentorship
Mode 2: Yin Yoga Teaching Mentorship
Mode 2: Yoga Therapy Teaching Mentorship
Mode 2: Restorative Yoga Teaching Mentorship
Price: Rs 10,000/-
Duration of the Program: 30 days