Yoga Teacher Training and Certificate Course in Chennai, India
200 Hr Online Yoga Teacher Training Course (Two Months)
This training takes place online from the comfort of your own home via Zoom. It will be a minimum 02 months program, which can also be self-paced. This teacher training is held online. Karuna Yoga is located in Bangalore, India (GMT+5:30), and they will live-stream yoga classes via Zoom which you can participate in from the comfort of your home. All live sessions will be recorded for people who cannot join live sessions due to time differences. They can watch the recordings of live sessions at their convenience. Teachers will be available on Whatsapp to answer queries regarding postures etc. At the end of the course, students are required to teach their batchmates on zoom (Karuna Yoga will arrange for that). There will be separate viva/exams for theory, anatomy, and philosophy.
This course is open to all students who wish to deepen their knowledge and application of some of the highest teachings of yoga. Participants do not need to be yoga teachers. Mastery of any yoga practice is not necessary. Only your sincere desire for knowledge and your commitment to personal growth. Even if you do not wish to are required be a yoga teacher, you may attempt this course to deepen the understanding of the philosophies as well as for the intense purification experience and for the personality development. Classes start at the Beginners’ Level and progress through to the Intermediate Level.
Duration: Two Months
- Yoga mat
- Computer / Smartphone with camera
- Internet connection
- Yoga Blocks
- Pillow or Bolster or Cushion
- Notebook and Pen
Daily schedule (GMT +5:30)
This is a sample daily schedule from Monday to Friday.
- 06:00 am – 07:00 am Hatha yoga
- 07:00 am – 08:00 am Pranayama/Anatomy
- 08:00 am – 09:00 am Vinyasa/Teaching methodology/Alignment/Adjustment
Saturday and Sunday
10 am to 1.30pm (Asana and Yogic Anatomy and Physiology)
- Online sessions are conducted over Zoom
- Online sessions’ time zone: India (GMT+5:30)
What you can expect from us?
- Well qualified and experienced faculty with their own specialties.
- Yoga Alliance USA certification as RYT 200 – international certification that allows you to teach yoga anywhere in the world
- Giving adequate guidance to the individuals and groups during training session.
- Yoga helps in self-discipline, leading to immense amount of awareness, concentration and higher level of consciousness.
- To enable the student to have sound body and sound mind, along with Yoga ethics.
- Yoga course help, to learn to handle oneself well in all situations, to learn techniques of gaining good health, to develop a discriminative mind capable of knowing the real from the unreal and to face the dualities of life with equanimity.
- Yoga course increase level of awareness and balance attitude for social activity.
- At the end of the course not only you would have adapted a healthy life style but you would also be fit to show others this path by becoming a skilled Yoga teacher.
- At the yoga TTC at Karuna Yoga, students learn a unique combination of Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa flow, Satyananda yoga and Iyengar alignment principles. This approach has an ultimate goal of practicing injury free yoga.
On successful completion of the course, trainee is qualified to register with Yoga Alliance, USA, to recognize as a Certified International Yoga Teachers-RYT 200.
Assessment and Certification
The students are continuously assessed throughout the course at all levels. There will be a practical as well as written examination at the end of the course to evaluate the understanding of the philosophy of Yoga and skills of the students. Participant should pass all different aspects of the course to be eligible for the Yoga teacher Training Course.
Assessment is based on
- Regular attendance of all classes.
- Attitude and behaviour inside and outside of the ashram while attending the course.
- Performance and attitude in the practical asana, pranayama, bandhas and kriya classes.
- Hatha yoga teaching skills.
- Written daily summary of the main philosophy classes and Hatha yoga theory classes.
- Upon successful completion of the course students receive the Certificate of the Karuna Yoga.
Actual Fees: INR 50,000, with 20 % offer, comes INR 40,000(For Indian citizens only), for foreigners USD 700.
- Yoga Book (06), T-Shirt (1), Catheter Tube (1), Jala Neti Pot (1).
- Excluded with accommodation and food.
How to Register?
Registration can be made by paying 50% of the course fee to book a spot on the course.
The syllabus consists of Hatha Yoga, Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Yoga Nidra, Kriyas and Meditation. This course also covers additional topics on Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga sutra, Yogic Diet and Nutrition, Yoga Philosophy and Psychology, Hatha Yoga based anatomy and physiology and Sanskrit.
- Hatha Yoga(B.K.S. Iyengar alignment principles & Satyananda Style)
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Gentle Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
Theory and Practice of Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Asanas
- Asanas beginners to intermediate level
- Sun salutation and its advanced variations
- Proper posture alignment
- Benefits and limitations of Yoga Asanas
- Techniques Training and Practice
- Basic elements of Asanas and Pranayamas, Mudras & Bandhas.
- Three principles of practices, alignment, relaxed respiration & consciousness.
- Transitioning into Asana – Transitioning out of Asana.
- Asana Modification variations and the use of props.
- Classical Surya Namaskara & Astanga Surya Namaskara
- Touch, somatic, and self-transformation. Beginner to intermediate level.
- Standing forward bending – Balancing & Twisting Asana.
- Core Strengthening Asana, Arm Balancing Asana, Backward Bending Asana,
- Seated forward bending & twisting Asanas.
- Balancing asana. Supine Twists – Backward bending. Hip & Pelvic Opening Asanas.
- Inverted Asana
- Shoulder work, arm strengthening, arm balancing, rotation of arms and shoulders.
- Pranayama- going deeper into the essence of breathe. Chakra balancing asana sequence.
- Mantra Meditation, Chakra Meditation, and Breathe Awareness.
- Teaching Methodology
- Creating Space for Self-Transformation
- Classroom Set up and Orientation
- Class Levels and Prerequisites
- Exploring clear and precise verbal expression
- Class Etiquette
- Teaching styles and the varieties of approach
- Waking Up the Spiritual Environment
- Techniques and Tools In Teaching Yoga
- Application of modifications for individual needs
- Business approach
- Yoga, Anatomy and Physiology
- Pranas, Upa-pranas, Chakras, Nadis, & Granthis. Pancha Kosa(five layer of existence)
- Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology. Cardiovascular system, Nervous System.
- Respiratory System, Musculoskeletal System & Spinal Cord.
- Yoga and spine. Structure and function of spine.
- Types and functions of bone. Skeletal system and asana.
- Physiology of stretching during asana practice.
- How to stretch safely with their individual limitation.
- Bio mechanics of stretching
- Kinesiology: To understand different movement of human body at minor and major joints levels.
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics, Health & Wellness
- Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, & Raja Yoga
- Vedas, Katha Upanisad, Taittiriya Upanisad, & Mandukya Upanisad
- The Bhagavad Gita (selected chapter)
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras (selected sutra)
- Yogic diet and nutrition
- Ethics: Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksa. Brahmacharya, Grihastha, Vanprastha, Sanyasa Ashrama.
- Health and Wellness, Lifestyle.
- Practicing of Asana, Pranayama, Mudras, Kriyas, & Bandhas
- Practicing the basics of assisting and adjusting
- Methodology of Asana, contraindications, and benefits
- Observing others teaching, receiving/giving feedback
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Gentle Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Project Writing
- Project Writing(50 to 100 Pages)
- Tutorials, Assignment and Examination
- Trainee will be required to engage in self-study and submit daily & weekly assignments on the basis of the day’s lectures and discussions.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam at the end of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice and teaching during the Teacher Training Course.