Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion of the 10 hour Mantra Chanting course, that you can count towards your continuing education. Our yoga teacher training courses are accredited by Yoga Alliance USA.
10 Hours Yoga Mantra Chanting Certificate Course
This Certificate course is ideal for any individual or classes who teach Yoga and want to introduce Mantra chanting in their curriculum along with regular Yoga practice. The Mantra chanting generates vibration within us the power to attain our goal and lift ourselves from the human consciousness to the higher level of divine consciousness. During chanting the frequency of sound vibrates all along the axis of the body from the perineum mooladhara chakra up through the head saharasa chakra, giving access to subtle and deep sensation and feeling which naturally suspends the normal state of the anxiety and depressed mind.
Chanting helps you develop the energy of faith to do and achieve anything which is positive for you in your life. This energy generates the belief, confidence and determination in your own self. A beneficial method to develop this is energy is by chanting mantras knowing their meanings. It will give the most advantageous benefits if one chants mantra with their meanings in mind.
Mantra and Pranayama
The breath is the most natural mantra one can realize by breath awareness technique. To be connected to ones breath is to be connected to ones thoughts of mind. This is why correct breathing is essential for chanting. In this session, we will focus on how using repetitive (japa) mantra combined with pranayama brings vitality and awareness in both the physical and subtle body. Pranayama techniques, Includes Nadi Shodhana, Sheetali and Sheetkari and Bhramari.
Chanting Rules and Techniques
Mantra and Meditation
The practice of mantra meditation utilizes the silent repetition of a sacred word or phrase as the point of focus to help ones self-awareness. It helps in the slowing down of mental activity and thought, creates peaceful and blissful state of mind.
To whom this course for?
- Beginners If you’re looking to start a traditional meditation, chanting and pranayama practice to gain more clarity, calm and focus…this is the course for you.
- Yoga practitioners If you already have a yoga practice and want to go deeper with traditional practices from India this the perfect course to start that journey.
- Aspiring Yoga Teachers This course has been designed with Yoga Teacher Training elements and will prepare you well for the meditation, chanting and pranayama elements of your training.
- This course is open to all students who wish to deepen their knowledge and application of some of the highest teachings of Participants do not need to be yoga teachers.
- Mastery of any yoga practice is not
- Only your sincere desire for knowledge and your commitment to personal
- Even if you do not wish to are required be a yoga teacher, you may attempt this course to deepen the understanding of the philosophies as well as for the intense purification experience and for the personality
What you’ll learn from this course
- By the end of this course students would be able to chant 20 Mantras.
- Know the points in Yoga Classes where one should incorporate Mantra Chanting.
- Recite the meanings of the Mantras and proper pronunciation of Mantras.
- Establish peace and harmony in the class and relieve students from stress.
- You will learn mantra pranayama and mediation techniques.
Assessment and Certification
The students are continuously assessed throughout the course at all levels. There will be a written exam at the end of the course to evaluate the understanding of the philosophy of Yoga and skills of the students. Participants should pass all different aspects of the course to be eligible for the course diploma.
- Japa Yoga, Swami Sivananda, Divine Life Society.
- Mantra and Meditation, Swami Vishnu Devananda.
What’s the language of the course?
Our courses will be held in English Medium.
Duration: 10 hrs
Self-Paced/ Flexible Duration: Online or Regular Mode.
- Indian citizens INR 15,000 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee.
- Foreigners USD 250 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee.
Course Dates: Please Contact Us (email@example.com or +91 9686549129)
No. 1271, 20th Main, 2nd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bangalore -78
Land Mark: Behind Central Mall & Near Samatvam Diabetic Centre
Yoga Mantra Chanting Syllabus – Part – 1
- Meaning of Mantras.
- Importance of Mantras in daily life.
- Why we do Mantra Chanting?
- A technique of Mantra Chanting.
- Benefits of Mantra chanting.
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras Chanting (selected verses)
- Bhagavad-Gita Chanting (selected verses)
- Pratahsmarana Stotra
- Gayathri Mantra
- Santhi Mantras
- Surya Namaskara Mantra
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
- Astanga Yoga Mantra
- Mangala Mantra
- Guru Mantra
- Dhyana Mantra
- Pranayama Mantra
- Surya Namaskara Mantras
- Bhojana Mantra
- Ganesh Mantra
Yoga Mantra Chanting Syllabus – Part – 2
Mantras for daily life
1. On Waking Early Morning
karāgre vasate lakṣmiḥ karamadhye sarasvati .
karamūle tu govindaḥ prabhāte karadarśanam .
2. Before you step on the floor
samudravasane devi parvata sthana maṇḍale .
viṣṇupatni namastubhyaṃ pāda sparśaṃ kṣamasvame ..
3. While taking a bath
goviṃdeti sadā snānaṃ goviṃdeti sadājapaṃ .
goviṃdeti sadā dhyānaṃ sadā goviṃda kīrtanam .
gaṅge cha yamune chaiva godāvari sarasvati .
narmade sindhu kāveri jalesmin saṃnidhiṃ kuru .
4. Seeing the Sun
āditya hrdayaṃ puṇyaṃ sarvaśatru vināśanam
jayāvahaṃ japennityaṃ akśhayyaṃ paramaṃ śivaṃ||
oṃ bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ tat saviturvareṇyaṃ
bhargo devasya dhīmahi dhiyo yo naḥ pracodayāt.
5. Morning Prayers
śuklāmbaradharaṃ viṣṇuṃ śaśivarṇaṃ caturbhujam .
prasannavadanaṃ dhyāyet sarvavighnopaśāntaye
Tvam eva mātā cha pitā tvam eva .
Tvam eva bandhuśca sakhā tvam eva
Tvam eva vidyā draviṇaṃ tvam eva .
Tvam eva sarvaṃ mama deva deva .
kāyena vāchā manaseṃdriya irvā budhyātmanā vā prakṛteḥ svabhāvāt .
karomi yadyat sakalaṃ parasmai nārāyaṇāyeti samarpayāmi .
asato mā sadgamaya tamasomā jyotir gamaya
mrityormāamritam gamaya Oṁ śhānti śhānti śhāntiḥ
6. Before any meal
Aham vaiŚvānaro bhūtvā
Jñāna vairāgya siddhyartham
Bhikṣām dehi ca pārvati.
Brahmārpaṇam Brahma haviḥ
Brahmāgnau Brahama ṇāhutam,
Brahmai vatena gantavyam
Om Śāntiḥ Śāntiḥ Śāntiḥ.
7. Before Study
sarasvati namastubhyaṃ varade kāmarūpiṇi .
vidyārambhaṃ kariṣyāmi siddhirbhavatu me sadā
8. Before an important task
vakratuṇḍa mahākāya sūryakoṭi samaprabha
nirvighnaṃ kuru me deva sarvakāryeṣu sarvadā
9. Before going to bed
Kara charaṇa kṛtaṃ vāk kaya jaṃ karmajaṃ vā.
śravaṇa nayana jaṃ vā mānasaṃ vā aparādhaṃ .
vihitam avihitaṃ vā sarvam etat kṣamasva .
jaya jaya karuṇā abdhe śrī mahādeva śambho.
oṃ sarve bhavantu sukhinaḥ sarve santu nirāmayāḥ .
sarve bhadrāṇi paśyantu mā kaścidduḥkhabhāgbhavet .
oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ ..
rāmaṃ skandhaṃ hanumantaṃ vainateyaṃ vṛkodaraṃ |
śayane yaḥ smare nnityam dushwapna stasya naśyati ‖
Terms & Conditions:
After the payment of the course fee, you will receive a link to access the classes through zoom. This short term course is only meant for sincere students of Yoga practitioner. Without submitting the required assignments, you will not receive a certification. Please note that the course fee is non refundable. However, if you can’t start the course due to severe circumstances, please get in touch with us and we’ll find a solution for you.
About the course facilitator
Dr. S. Karuna Murthy is one of the most experienced Yogi practicing the ancient and the greatest Yoga tradition since he was 18 years of age. Following in the footsteps of his inspiration Swami Sivananda who was also the founder of Divine Life Society, has mastered the ancient Yoga traditions that only a few in this world are familiar with.
He completed M. Sc from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samasthana University and Ph. D from Bharathidasan University. Besides, Dr. S. Karuna Murthy has also completed TTC and ATTC and is registered E-RYT-500 with American Yoga Alliance. Those qualifications depict his expertise in the context of Yoga and mastering Yoga Teaching methodology.
With the immense interest to serve the people with the ancient Yoga techniques, he also served as a Yoga therapist at S-VYASA, Bangalore. He has also served as a Yoga lecturer at Bharathidasan University and at overseas in the Cali Wow fitness Center.
With these impressive accomplishments, throughout his journey to being a master Yogi and an expert in Multi styles of Yoga, Dr. Karuna Murthy has developed an incredible scientific view of every Yoga practice. So, now he is a rare expert in Yoga anatomy physiology, biomechanism kinesiology, and Yoga philosophy.
How to Register?
You can apply online with the application, fee of INR 10,000 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee or Please Contact Us (firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 9686549129)