10 hours – Mudra, and Bandha Certificate Course
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion of the Mudra, and Bandha Certificate Course, that you can count towards your continuing education. Our yoga teacher training courses are accredited by Yoga Alliance USA.
About the course facilitator
Dr. S. Karuna Murthy is one of the most experienced Yogi practicing the ancient and the greatest Yoga tradition since he was 18 years of age. Following in the footsteps of his inspiration Swami Sivananda who was also the founder of Divine Life Society, has mastered the ancient Yoga traditions that only a few in this world are familiar with.
He completed M. Sc from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samasthana University and Ph. D from Bharathidasan University. Besides, Dr. S. Karuna Murthy has also completed TTC and ATTC and is registered E-RYT-500 with American Yoga Alliance. Those qualifications depict his expertise in the context of Yoga and mastering Yoga Teaching methodology.
With the immense interest to serve the people with the ancient Yoga techniques, he also served as a Yoga therapist at S-VYASA, Bangalore. He has also served as a Yoga lecturer at Bharathidasan University and at overseas in the Cali Wow fitness Center.
With these impressive accomplishments, throughout his journey to being a master Yogi and an expert in Multi styles of Yoga, Dr. Karuna Murthy has developed an incredible scientific view of every Yoga practice. So, now he is a rare expert in Yoga anatomy physiology, biomechanism kinesiology, and Yoga philosophy.
Mudra and Bandha Certificate Course
Yoga has become synonymous with term Asana; however the entire practice of Yoga is based on practices of consciousness. Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandhas are the three most important techniques that lead to the state of higher level of meditation. When these four techniques are done with awareness, knowledge and preparation, Yoga becomes possible. In this journey to self-discovery, pranayama leads to the purification of senses, prana and mind. With a consolidated state of mind one attains Mudra and maintains bandhas in order to maintain one pointed awareness. Learn these four important practices in Yoga and let your practice be to attain the state of Yoga itself.
Types, benefits, philosophy, science, therapeutic application, pre-practices of Mudras
Tri-Bandhas, history, benefits, technique, textual reference, integrations in asana and pranayama
Integration of Pranayama, Mudra and Bandhas into practice.
- This course is open to all students who wish to deepen their knowledge and application of some of the highest teachings of
- Participants do not need to be yoga
- Mastery of any yoga practice is not
- Only yours sincere desire for knowledge and your commitment to personal
- Love for Yoga is the most important eligibility factor for learning this course.
- Students who want to know Yoga in totality and move beyond Asana and Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha.
What you’ll learn
- You will learn beginners level asana, forward, backward, arm balance , hip opening and inverted poses.
- You will know the how to Integrate asana, pranayama mudra sutra into your yoga practice.
- You will learn the methods given by Swatmarama to mastery your mind through hatha yoga.
What do I need for the online course?
- Yoga mat
- Computer / Smartphone with camera
- Internet connection
- Yoga Blocks
- Pillow or Bolster or Cushion
- Notebook and Pen
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Niranjananda Saraswati
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Light On Yoga.
What’s the language of the course?
Our courses will be held in English Medium.
Duration: 10 hrs
Self-Paced/ Flexible Duration: Online or Regular Mode.
- USD 300 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee.
Course Dates: Please Contact Us (email@example.com or +91 9686549129)
Mudras and prana
A scientific look at mudras
Five Groups of Yoga Mudras
- Hasta (hand mudras)
- Jnana mudra
- Chin mudra
- Bhairava mudra
- Hridaya mudra
- Chin Mudra while chanting ‘AAAA’
- Chinmaya Mudra while chanting ‘UUUU’
- Adi Mudra while chanting ‘MMMM’
- Brahma Mudra while chanting ‘AUM’
- Mudras and the Elements
10) Vayu Mudra (Air Gesture)
11)Vyana Mudra (Expansive Prana Gesture)
12) Pranapana Mudra (Taking In and Throwing Out Gesture)
13) Udana Mudra (Upward Flying Energy Gesture)
14) Prana Mudra (Life Force Gesture)
15) Apana Mudra (Cleansing Energy Gesture)
16) Agni Mudra (Fire Gesture)
17) Linga Mudra (Mark of Siva)
18) Surya Mudra (Sun Seal)
19) Bhramara Mudra(Humming Bee Gesture)
20)Pushan Mudra (Giver of Good Health)
21)Kamajayi Mudra (Victory over Excessive Desires Gesture)
22) Shankha Mudra (Conch Shell Gesture)
23)Shunya Mudra(Silence of the Void Gesture)
24)Garuda Mudra (Eagle Gesture)
25)Kshepana Mudra (Letting Go Gesture)
26)Akasha Mudra (Touching the Void Gesture)
27)Shunya Mudra (Silence of the Void Gesture)
28)Bhu Mudra (Touching the Earth Gesture)
29)Kaleshwara Mudra (Lord of Time Gesture)
30)Prithivi Mudra (Earth Gesture)
31)Sukham Mudra (Stress Relief Gesture)
32)Vishnu Mudra (Universal Balance Gesture)
33)Varuna Mudra (Water-Balancing Gesture)
34)Jalodar Nashak Mudra (Water Reducing Gesture)
35)Shakti Mudra (Essence of Power Gesture)
36)Ganesha Mudra (Remover of Obstacles)
37)Namaskar Mudra (My Essence Meets Your Essence Gesture)
- Mana (head mudras)
- Shambhavi mudra
- Nasikagra drishti
- Khechari mudra
- Shanmukhi mudra
- Kaya (postural mudras)
- Vipareeta karani mudra
- Pashinee mudra
- Prana mudra
- Yoga mudra
- Manduki mudra
- Bandha (lock mudras)
- Maha mudra
- Maha bheda mudra
- Maha vedha mudra.
- Adhara (perineal mudras)
- Ashwini mudra
- Jalandhara Bandha
- Moola Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Maha Bandha
Terms & Conditions:
After the payment of the course fee, you will receive a link to access the classes through zoom. This short-term course is only meant for sincere students of Yoga practitioners. Without submitting the required assignments, you will not receive a certification. Please note that the course fee is non-refundable. However, if you can’t start the course due to severe circumstances, please get in touch with us and we’ll find a solution for you.