Offline/Online 10 Hr – Asana & Alignment Certificate Course
10 hours – Asana & Alignment Certificate Course
What is Yoga Continuing Education Courses (YACEP)
We offer various training programs to deepen knowledge and improve teaching skills through various yoga teacher training courses. Continuing education is a post-learning, formal learning program for yoga practitioners that can have credit courses as well as non-credit courses. These courses are intended to allow an individual to extend their insight and develop their abilities in a particular field. Numerous callings even expect individuals to take up Continuing Education to have the option to recharge their permit and seek after their training.
Continuing education in yoga mainly serves two purposes
- To deepen your existing knowledge and skills.
- To teach you new skills and techniques related to teaching yoga.
Yoga Alliance Registered Continuing Education Provider, Courses Open to Everyone.
This course is eligible for Continued Education (CE) credits with Yoga Alliance. It is accredited by Yoga Alliance and it can be used as a continuing education course (YACEP) for Register Yoga Teachers with Yoga Alliance
Deepen your practice and your knowledge
Are you are yoga professional or a curious practitioner and wish to deepen your yoga knowledge and techniques? Then a continuing education course may be something for you! You will learn selected specialized yoga topics that will allow you to expand your horizons when it comes to your personal practice or that of your students. With the knowledge you will acquire, you will gain a deeper understanding of the functioning of anatomical and energetic body layers, and develop a more complete insight into yoga.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion of the Asana & Alignment Certificate Course, which you can count towards your continuing education. Our yoga teacher training courses are accredited by Yoga Alliance USA.
About the course facilitator
Dr. S. Karuna Murthy is one of the most experienced Yogi practicing the ancient and the greatest Yoga tradition since he was 18 years of age. Following in the footsteps of his inspiration Swami Sivananda who was also the founder of Divine Life Society, has mastered the ancient Yoga traditions that only a few in this world are familiar with.
He completed M. Sc from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samasthana University and Ph. D from Bharathidasan University. Besides, Dr. S. Karuna Murthy has also completed TTC and ATTC and is registered E-RYT-500 with American Yoga Alliance. Those qualifications depict his expertise in the context of Yoga and mastering Yoga Teaching methodology.
With the immense interest to serve the people with the ancient Yoga techniques, he also served as a Yoga therapist at S-VYASA, Bangalore. He has also served as a Yoga lecturer at Bharathidasan University and at overseas in the Cali Wow fitness Center.
With these impressive accomplishments, throughout his journey to being a master Yogi and an expert in Multi styles of Yoga, Dr. Karuna Murthy has developed an incredible scientific view of every Yoga practice. So, now he is a rare expert in Yoga anatomy physiology, biomechanism kinesiology, and Yoga philosophy.
Karuna Yoga Vidya Peetham (Dr. Karuna)
Check Out Our YACEP profile with Yoga Alliance by clicking here.
Asana & Alignment Certificate Course
Yoga has become synonymous with the term Asana; however, the entire practice of Yoga is based on practices of consciousness. Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandhas are the three most important techniques that lead to the state of higher level of meditation. When these four techniques are done with awareness, knowledge and preparation, Yoga becomes possible. In this journey to self-discovery, pranayama leads to the purification of senses, prana and mind. With a consolidated state of mind one attains Mudra and maintains bandhas in order to maintain one pointed awareness. Learn these four important practices in Yoga and let your practice be to attain the state of Yoga itself.
Asanas Category: Standing, Core Strengthening, Arm Balances, Back Bends, Seated and supine Twists, Forward bend and hip opener, inverted, relaxation, meditative poses. Beginner’s level yoga poses with Demonstration, Technique, Variations, counter pose, warm up, Teaching, Application, Alignment, Adjustments, principles, verbal cues, and Modification.
- This course is open to all students who wish to deepen their knowledge and application of some of the highest teachings of
- Participants do not need to be yoga
- Mastery of any yoga practice is not
- Only yours sincere desire for knowledge and your commitment to personal
- Love for Yoga is the most important eligibility factor for learning this course.
- Students who want to know Yoga in totality and move beyond Asana and Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha.
What you’ll learn
- You will learn beginners level asana alignment, forward, backward, arm balance , hip opening and inverted poses.
- You will know the how to Integrate asana, pranayama mudra sutra into your yoga practice.
- You will learn the methods given by Swatmarama to mastery your mind through hatha yoga.
What do I need for the online course?
- Yoga mat
- Computer / Smartphone with camera
- Internet connection
- Yoga Blocks
- Pillow or Bolster or Cushion
- Notebook and Pen
Assessment and Certification
The students are continuously assessed throughout the course at all levels. There will be a written exam at the end of the course to evaluate the understanding of the philosophy of Yoga and skills of the students. Participants should pass all different aspects of the course to be eligible for the course diploma.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Niranjananda Saraswati
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Light On Yoga.
What’s the language of the course?
Our courses will be held in English Medium.
Duration: 10 hrs
Self-Paced/ Flexible Duration: Online or Regular Mode.
- Indian citizens INR 15,000 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee.
- Foreigners USD 250 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee.
Course Dates: Please Contact Us (firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 9686549129)
Training Venue: No. 1271, 20th Main, 2nd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bangalore -78
Land Mark: Behind Central Mall & Near Samatvam Diabetic Centre
- Garudasana (eagle pose)
- Utkatasana (mighty pose)
- Utthita Trikonasana (extended triangle pose)
- Parivritta Trikonasana (revolved triangle pose)
- Utthita Parsvakonasana (extended side angle pose)
- Parivritta Utthita Parsvakonasana (revolved extended side angle pose)
- Parsvottanasana(side intense stretch)
- Virabhadrasana -1 (warrior -1)
- Virabhadrasana -2(warrior-2)
- Virasana (hero pose)
- Ustrasana(camel pose)
- Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose)
- Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana(revolved knee to head pose)
- Paschimottanasana(ugrasana or brahmacharyasana)
- Purvauttansana(east intense stretch pose)
- Gomukhasana(cow face resembling)
- Marichyasana(name of the sage mariachi)
- Ardha Navasana (half boat)
- Upavistha Konasana(wide angle seated forward bend pose)
- Baddha Konasana(bounded angle pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (half spinal twist)
- Yogamudrasana(yoga gesture or psychic union pose)
- Simhasana(lion gesture)
- Parvatasana(mountain pose)
Supine Asana (on back)
- Jathara Parivartanasana(abdomen twisting pose)
- Salamba Sarvangasana(supported Sarvangasana)
- Matsyasana(fish pose)
- Supta Konasana(reclining angle pose)
- Urdhva Cakrasana(upward wheel pose)
Prone Asana (abdomen)
- Makarasana (crocodile pose)
- Ardha Shalabhasana(half locust pose)
- Salabhasana (locust Pose)
- Sarpasana(snake pose)
- Bhujangasana(serpent pose)
- Ardha Dhanurasana (half bow)
- Dhanurasana(bow pose)
Arm Balancing and Head Standing Asana
- Phalakasana(plank pose) or Santolanasana (balancing pose)
- Chaturanga Dandasana(four limbed staff pose)
- Tolasana(scale pose)
- Purvottanasana(east intense stretch)
Terms & Conditions:
After the payment of the course fee, you will receive a link to access the classes through zoom. This short-term course is only meant for sincere students of Yoga practitioners. Without submitting the required assignments, you will not receive a certification. Please note that the course fee is non-refundable. However, if you can’t start the course due to severe circumstances, please get in touch with us and we’ll find a solution for you.
How to Register?
You can apply online with the application, fee of INR 10,000 (non-refundable) advance towards the course fee or Please Contact Us (email@example.com or +91 9686549129)