Yin yoga sequence for the quadriceps
- Butterfly Pose: Sit with the soles of your feet together and fold forward, allowing your forehead to rest on a prop or the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Saddle Pose: Kneel with your shins on the ground and sit back on your heels. Lean back and place your forearms on the ground behind you. If you feel comfortable, lower your back all the way to the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Half Frog Pose: Lie on your stomach and bend your right knee, bringing your heel towards your glutes. Reach back with your right hand and hold onto your right foot or ankle. Press your foot into your hand to deepen the stretch in your quadricep. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Reclining Hero Pose: Kneel with your shins on the ground and sit back on your heels. Slowly lower your back all the way to the ground, extending your arms overhead. If you feel any discomfort in your knees, place a bolster or pillow under your hips. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Savasana: Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing up. Allow your body to completely relax and release any tension. Stay in this pose for 5-10 minutes.
- Remember to breathe deeply and relax into each pose. These Yin yoga poses can help release tension and improve flexibility in the quadriceps, as well as promote relaxation in the body. If any pose causes discomfort, come out of the pose and rest in a comfortable position.