What is the aim and objectives of yoga?
- The aim of yoga is to promote holistic health and well-being, including physical, mental, and emotional health. The ultimate goal of yoga is to achieve self-realization and spiritual enlightenment, which is often described as a state of unity with the divine or higher consciousness.
- The objectives of yoga can be broken down into several categories:
- Physical health: Yoga aims to improve physical health by increasing flexibility, strength, balance, and cardiovascular health.
- Mental health: Yoga aims to promote mental health by reducing stress and anxiety, improving focus and concentration, and enhancing overall emotional well-being.
- Spiritual growth: Yoga aims to promote spiritual growth by cultivating self-awareness, compassion, and inner peace.
- Self-realization: Yoga aims to help individuals achieve self-realization, which is the ultimate goal of yoga practice. Self-realization involves understanding one’s true nature and purpose in life and achieving a sense of unity with the divine or higher consciousness.
- Overall, the aim and objectives of yoga are to promote holistic health and well-being, facilitate personal growth and self-realization, and ultimately, help individuals achieve a sense of unity with the divine or higher consciousness.