Vajrasana – Thunderbolt Posture
(Vajra – thunder bolt or diamond)
- Come to (Dandasana) staff posture, by palms beside hip.
- Slide towards left, bend at right leg knee, and rest it under right hip.
- Same, bend left leg knee, place it under left hip.
- Keep spine, neck, head straight.
- Heel contacting with hip, toes pointing outward, inner calf muscles touching quadriceps muscle, knees together.
- At fingers adopt Jnana Mudra by touching tip of index, thumb finger slightly and rest it on respective thigh.
- Stay for 10 to 40 seconds, breathing completely by utilizing abdomen and chest area.
- Return back, sliding towards right side, with palm support unfold both legs and relax.
- This is the only one asana, immediately after food we can perform to aid digestion by stimulating Vajra Nadi.
- Give suppleness to ankles, reduce thigh, hip extra fat.
- Make spine straight and strong naturally.
- It induces meditative state, so good for meditation.