Utkatasana – Mighty Posture
(utkata = mighty or powerful)
- Come to Tadasana, by keeping legs together and palms beside your thighs.
- As you inhale raise your arms till your biceps touch ears, palms together finger pointing towards sky, lock your elbow and keep straight, tuck your elbows, open your chest and expand , rib cage lifted up, abdomen in , keep your entire spine extended and lengthen up.
- Exhale and bend your knees , squatting down until your thighs are parallel to the floor, do not fall forward, move backward let your weight distribute over at lower back , hip joints and thigh muscles. Breathing normally at your nose, slow, even, and long breathing.
- Stay in this posture for 10 to 30 seconds or till you fill comfortable, do not exert or overstrain your body, always listen to your body.
- Along exhalation bring arms beside your thighs, and inhale straightens your knees. Again come back to Tadasana and relax.
- Strengthens shoulders and open the chest.
- Strengthens and tones the ankles, thighs, calves, and spine
- Activate and optimize the efficiency of abdominal organs, diaphragm, and heart.
- Reduces flat feet.