Sankhaprakshalana Kriya Procedure And Benefits
Sankhaprakshalana, also known as “varisara dhauti,” is a yogic cleansing technique that involves the complete cleansing of the digestive system. This technique involves drinking a large quantity of warm saline water and then performing a series of yoga postures to help eliminate the water and toxins from the body. Here’s a brief on the procedure and benefits of sankhaprakshalana kriya:
- Prepare a solution of warm saline water by dissolving 2 tablespoons of non-iodized salt in 1 liter of warm water.
- Drink the entire solution of warm saline water.
- Perform a series of yoga postures, including tadasana (mountain pose), trikonasana (triangle pose), and ardha matsyendrasana (half spinal twist), to help the water move through the digestive system.
- After completing the yoga postures, evacuate the bowels until only clear water comes out.
- Cleanses the digestive system: Sankhaprakshalana kriya is believed to help cleanse the entire digestive system by flushing out toxins and impurities.
- Improves digestion: By cleansing the digestive system, sankhaprakshalana kriya can help improve digestion and reduce digestive problems.
- Boosts energy: Sankhaprakshalana kriya can help increase energy levels by removing toxins and waste from the body.
- Promotes weight loss: Sankhaprakshalana kriya can help promote weight loss by removing excess waste and water from the body.
- Helps with constipation: Sankhaprakshalana kriya can help relieve constipation by promoting bowel movements and eliminating waste from the body.
- Enhances mental clarity: By removing toxins and impurities from the body, sankhaprakshalana kriya can help enhance mental clarity and promote overall well-being.
- However, it is important to practice sankhaprakshalana kriya safely and correctly to avoid any adverse effects. It is recommended to learn the technique under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher. People with digestive or other health conditions should consult a healthcare provider before trying sankhaprakshalana kriya.