Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is a program designed for yoga practitioners who want to deepen their understanding and practice of Restorative Yoga. Restorative Yoga is a gentle and therapeutic form of yoga that focuses on relaxation, rest, and healing. In a Restorative Yoga practice, students use props like bolsters, blankets, and blocks to support their bodies in passive yoga postures that are held for longer periods of time.
A Restorative Yoga Teacher Training program typically covers the following topics:
The principles and benefits of Restorative Yoga
- The use of props and modifications for Restorative Yoga postures
- Anatomy and physiology of the body in Restorative Yoga postures
- Sequencing Restorative Yoga classes
- Teaching techniques for Restorative Yoga
- Mindfulness and meditation in Restorative Yoga
- Yoga philosophy and ethics
Upon completion of a Restorative Yoga Teacher Training program, participants are typically able to design and lead Restorative Yoga classes for students of all levels. They also gain a deeper understanding of the therapeutic benefits of Restorative Yoga and how to incorporate it into their own personal practice.