Halasana – Plough Posture
(hala – plough)
- Lie supine on the floor with the hands extended along the body and the feet together.
- Raise the legs up to 90 degree, by keeping the knees straight.
- Press the palms against floor, raise the trunk by bending the legs towards the head and touch the toes on the ground.
- Interlock fingers rest back of head straight.
- Both legs straight and firm.
- Stay for 10 to 20 seconds, keep breathing evenly and deeply.
- By palms support lower the trunk and slowly come back to supine posture.
- Deeply stimulates abdominal organs.
- Gives good exercise to the thyroid glands.
- Gives a good stretch to the spinal column, thus it builds a strong and supple supine.