Dhanurasana – Bow Posture
(dhanu – bow)
- Lie on prone posture called Makrasana (crocodile) relaxation posture.
- Now bend the knees, stretch the arms back and catch hold the right ankle with the right arm and left ankle with the left arm.
- Inhale, pull the legs up by pulling backward, knees off the floor and simultaneously lift head, chest, off from the floor by pulling forward.
- The arms straight like bow-string.
- Rest whole body weight on your abdomen.
- At beginning keep toes touching each other, knees apart.
- Reaching final posture bring knee and toes together.
- Remain in this posture for 10 to 20 seconds, breathing strongly and evenly.
- Exhale, release legs, return back to Makrasana (crocodile) posture.
- This asana brings back elasticity to the spine and tones the abdominal organs.
- Good for diabetes and obesity group.
- Brings tremendous stamina by holding for long duration.
- Makes neck and arms stronger.