Karuna Yoga Vidya Peetham Bangalore

The keto (ketogenic) diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that aims to get the body into a metabolic state called ketosis, where the body burns fat for fuel instead of carbohydrates.

Typically, the diet involves reducing carbohydrate intake to 20-50 grams per day, and increasing fat intake to 70-75% of daily calories, with the remaining 20-25% coming from protein. By drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, the body is forced to use stored fat for energy, which leads to weight loss.

Foods that are typically allowed on the keto diet include meat, fish, eggs, cheese, butter, oils, nuts, seeds, low-carb vegetables, and some fruits (in moderation). Foods that are typically avoided on the keto diet include grains, sugar, high-carb fruits, starchy vegetables, and most processed foods.

While the keto diet has been shown to be effective for weight loss and improving certain health markers such as blood sugar levels and cholesterol, it may not be suitable for everyone. It can be difficult to sustain in the long term, and may cause adverse effects such as constipation, nutrient deficiencies, and a higher risk of kidney stones. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before starting the keto diet or any other diet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *