Yoga for Menstrual Pain and Period Cramps
- Yoga can be a helpful practice for reducing menstrual pain and period cramps. Here are some yoga poses that may help:
- Child’s Pose (Balasana): This pose gently stretches the lower back and helps to relieve tension in the hips and thighs.
- Cat/Cow Pose (Marjaryasana/Bitilasana): This is a gentle spinal stretch that helps to relieve tension in the back and abdomen.
- Supine Twist (Supta Matsyendrasana): This pose helps to stretch the back muscles and relieve tension in the hips.
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana): This pose can help to relieve menstrual cramps by stretching the abdominal muscles and increasing blood flow to the uterus.
- Pigeon Pose (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana): This pose stretches the hips and helps to relieve tension in the lower back and pelvis.
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana): This pose helps to stretch the inner thighs and pelvic muscles, relieving tension and discomfort.
- It’s important to listen to your body and only do what feels comfortable for you. It’s also a good idea to check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise routine, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.