Yin yoga sequence that targets the heart meridian
- Melting Heart Pose: Begin on all fours and walk your hands forward, allowing your chest to sink towards the floor. Hold for 3-5 minutes, feeling a stretch in your chest and shoulders.
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your belly with your forearms propped up and your elbows under your shoulders. Hold for 2-3 minutes, feeling a stretch along the front of your body.
- Seal Pose: From Sphinx Pose, press your hands into the floor and lift your chest up, straightening your arms. Hold for 2-3 minutes, feeling a deeper stretch in your chest and shoulders.
- Thread the Needle Pose: From all fours, slide your right arm under your left arm and lower your right shoulder to the floor. Hold for 2-3 minutes, feeling a stretch along the right side of your torso. Repeat on the other side.
- Butterfly Pose with a Twist: Sit on the floor with the soles of your feet together and your knees out to the sides. Hold your left foot or ankle and twist your torso towards the left, placing your right hand on the floor behind you for support. Hold for 2-3 minutes, feeling a stretch in your chest and the left side of your torso. Repeat on the other side.
These Yin yoga poses can help to stimulate the heart meridian, which can promote emotional balance and relieve stress and anxiety. Remember to breathe deeply and hold each pose for a few minutes, allowing your body to relax and release tension.