Yin yoga sequence that can help support detoxification in the body
- Child’s Pose: Begin on your hands and knees with your big toes touching and your knees wide apart. Sink your hips back towards your heels and stretch your arms out in front of you, resting your forehead on the ground. Breathe deeply and hold for 3-5 minutes, allowing your body to relax and release tension.
- Twisted Root Pose: From Child’s Pose, lift your torso and bring your left leg forward, placing the foot outside of your right hip. Then cross your right leg over your left and hook your right foot around your left ankle. Place your left hand on your right knee and your right hand behind your back. Twist your torso to the right, looking over your right shoulder. Hold for 2-3 minutes, then switch sides and repeat.
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your stomach and place your forearms on the ground, elbows directly under your shoulders. Press into your forearms and lift your chest off the ground. Stay in this pose for 2-3 minutes, feeling a gentle stretch in your spine and chest.
- Wide-Legged Forward Fold: Sit with your legs wide apart and fold forward, resting your hands on the ground or on props. Keep your spine long and engage your leg muscles. Stay in this pose for 3-5 minutes, focusing on your breath and feeling a stretch in your inner thighs and groins.
- Supported Bridge Pose: Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet hip-distance apart. Place a block or bolster under your sacrum and allow your hips to rest on the prop. Relax your arms by your sides and breathe deeply, staying in this pose for 3-5 minutes.
- Savasana: Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing up. Allow your body to completely relax and release any tension. Stay in this pose for 5-10 minutes, focusing on your breath and feeling a sense of calm.
These Yin yoga poses can help stimulate the lymphatic system and support the body’s natural detoxification process. Remember to breathe deeply and listen to your body, coming out of any pose that causes discomfort. Drink plenty of water after your practice to help flush out toxins from the body.