Yin yoga sequence that can help boost metabolism
- Child’s Pose: Begin on your hands and knees with your big toes touching and your knees wide apart. Sink your hips back towards your heels and stretch your arms out in front of you, resting your forehead on the ground. Breathe deeply and hold for 3-5 minutes, allowing your body to relax and release tension.
- Dragon Pose: From Child’s Pose, step your right foot forward and place it outside of your right hand. Lower your back knee to the ground and sink your hips down towards the floor. Walk your hands forward and come down onto your forearms. Stay in this pose for 2-3 minutes, then switch sides and repeat.
- Seated Spinal Twist: Sit with your legs straight out in front of you. Bend your right knee and place your right foot outside of your left thigh. Bring your left elbow to the outside of your right knee and twist your torso to the right. Hold for 2-3 minutes, then switch sides and repeat.
- Butterfly Pose: Sit with the soles of your feet together and your knees wide apart. Fold forward, reaching your hands towards your feet or using props for support. Stay in this pose for 3-5 minutes, feeling a stretch in your inner thighs and hips.
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your stomach and place your forearms on the ground, elbows directly under your shoulders. Press into your forearms and lift your chest off the ground. Stay in this pose for 2-3 minutes, feeling a gentle stretch in your spine and chest.
- Supine Twist: Lie on your back with your arms out to the sides. Bend your knees and bring them towards your chest. Lower both knees to the right side and turn your head to the left. Stay in this pose for 2-3 minutes, then switch sides and repeat.
These Yin yoga poses can help stimulate the digestive system, increase circulation, and support the body’s metabolic processes. Remember to breathe deeply and listen to your body, coming out of any pose that causes discomfort. Practice this sequence regularly to help boost your metabolism and improve overall health.