Yin yoga sequence for tight shoulders and neck
- Thread the Needle Pose: Begin in a tabletop position, and then bring your right arm under your left arm and lower your right shoulder and ear to the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Puppy Pose: From tabletop, walk your hands forward and lower your chest towards the ground, extending your arms out in front of you. Keep your hips over your knees. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Melting Heart Pose: From Puppy Pose, lower your chest towards the ground and bring your chin to the mat. Keep your arms extended forward. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Supported Fish Pose: Sit with a block or bolster behind you and lie back, allowing your head to rest on the support. Extend your legs forward or place a block or bolster under your knees for support. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Eagle Arms Pose: Sit or stand tall and bring your arms in front of your body. Cross your right arm under your left arm, bend your elbows and bring your palms to touch. Lift your elbows and press your forearms away from your face. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Seated Neck Release: Sit cross-legged and extend your left arm to the left. Drop your left ear to your left shoulder and use your right hand to gently press down on the right side of your head. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Remember to breathe deeply and relax into each pose. These Yin yoga poses can help release tension in the shoulders and neck, improve posture and promote relaxation in the body.