Yin yoga sequence for the upper body
- Melting Heart Pose: Start in a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the ground. Walk your hands forward and lower your chest towards the ground, keeping your hips over your knees. Allow your forehead to rest on the ground or a prop. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Puppy Pose: From Melting Heart Pose, lift your hips up and walk your hands forward, keeping your arms and spine long. Allow your forehead to rest on the ground or a prop. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Thread the Needle Pose: From a tabletop position, bring your right hand to the ground under your face and thread your left arm under your right arm, lowering your left shoulder to the ground. Allow your head to rest on a prop or the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your belly with your elbows under your shoulders, palms flat on the ground. Lift your chest up and forward, keeping your forearms on the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Seal Pose: From Sphinx Pose, walk your hands further forward and straighten your arms, lifting your chest up. Keep your elbows bent and forearms on the ground if this is too intense. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Supported Fish Pose: Sit with a bolster or block behind you, resting your upper back and head on the support. Extend your arms out to the sides or overhead. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
Remember to breathe deeply and relax into each pose. Allow your upper body to release tension and stress. Enjoy the benefits of a relaxing Yin yoga practice for your upper body!