Yin yoga sequence for the liver
- Twisted Roots Pose: Lie on your back and bring your knees towards your chest. Cross your right ankle over your left knee and lower both legs to the left, twisting your spine. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your stomach with your elbows under your shoulders and your forearms on the ground. Lift your chest and gaze forward. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Half Butterfly Pose: Sit with your right leg extended and your left foot against your right inner thigh. Fold forward, allowing your forehead to rest on a prop or the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Supported Fish Pose: Sit with a block or bolster behind you and lie back, allowing your head to rest on the support. Extend your legs forward or place a block or bolster under your knees for support. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Dragon Pose: From a tabletop position, step your right foot forward between your hands. Extend your left leg back and lower your hips towards the ground. Place a prop under your right thigh if necessary. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Savasana: Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing up. Allow your body to completely relax and release any tension. Stay in this pose for 5-10 minutes.
Remember to breathe deeply and relax into each pose. These Yin yoga poses can help support the liver, stimulate digestion and promote relaxation in the body.