Yin yoga sequence for the arms and shoulders
- Child’s Pose with Extended Arms: Begin in a kneeling position and stretch your arms forward. Keep your palms facing down and rest your forehead on the floor. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your belly with your elbows under your shoulders and your forearms flat on the ground. Lift your chest and hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Melting Heart Pose: From Sphinx pose, lower your chest towards the ground, keeping your hips lifted. Rest your forehead on the mat or a block and hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Shoulder stretch with Eagle Arms: Sit in a comfortable seated position and wrap your right arm under your left arm, bringing your palms together. Lift your elbows and reach your fingertips towards the ceiling. Hold for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Cow-Faced Pose: From a seated position, bend your right elbow and bring your right hand to the center of your upper back. Reach your left arm behind your back and try to clasp your hands together. Hold for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Thread the Needle Pose: Come onto your hands and knees and thread your right arm underneath your left arm, resting your right shoulder and ear on the ground. Hold for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Remember to listen to your body and only go as far as you feel comfortable. Hold each pose for the recommended amount of time or longer if desired. Enjoy the benefits of a relaxing Yin yoga practice for your arms and shoulders!