Yin yoga sequence for menstruation
- Easy Pose: Sit cross-legged with your hands on your knees and your eyes closed. Take a few deep breaths and set an intention for your practice. Hold for 1-2 minutes.
- Child’s Pose: Kneel on the ground with your toes touching and your knees wide. Fold forward and rest your forehead on the ground. Place a pillow or bolster under your belly for support. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Supported Fish Pose: Sit with a bolster or pillow behind you and slowly lower your back onto the prop. Allow your arms to rest by your sides or overhead. Place a pillow or folded blanket under your head if you need extra support. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Seated Forward Fold: Sit with your legs straight out in front of you and fold forward, allowing your forehead to rest on a prop or the ground. Place a pillow or blanket under your belly for support. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Legs up the Wall Pose: Lie on your back with your legs extended up the wall. Place a pillow or folded blanket under your hips for support. Allow your arms to rest by your sides or overhead. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Savasana: Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing up. Allow your body to completely relax and release any tension. Stay in this pose for 5-10 minutes.
- Remember to breathe deeply and listen to your body. These Yin yoga poses can help relieve menstrual cramps and promote relaxation during your period. If any pose causes discomfort, come out of the pose and rest in a comfortable position.