Yin yoga sequence for low back pain
- Sphinx Pose: Lie on your stomach with your elbows under your shoulders and your forearms on the ground. Lift your chest and gaze forward. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Seal Pose: From Sphinx Pose, walk your hands forward and straighten your arms, bringing your chest and chin towards the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Supported Bridge Pose: Lie on your back with a block or bolster under your sacrum. Keep your knees bent and your feet on the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Half Butterfly Pose: Sit with your right leg extended and your left foot against your right inner thigh. Fold forward, allowing your forehead to rest on a prop or the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Square Pose: Sit with your right shin in front of your left shin and your feet flexed. Fold forward, allowing your forehead to rest on a prop or the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Savasana: Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing up. Allow your body to completely relax and release any tension. Stay in this pose for 5-10 minutes.
Remember to breathe deeply and relax into each pose. These Yin yoga poses can help release tension and improve flexibility in the low back, as well as promote relaxation in the body. If any pose causes discomfort, come out of the pose and rest in a comfortable position.