Why Restorative yoga?
- Restorative yoga is a gentle, slow-paced style of yoga that focuses on relaxation and rest. Here are some reasons why Restorative yoga can be beneficial:
- Reduces stress: Restorative yoga can help to reduce stress and anxiety by promoting relaxation and calming the nervous system.
- Improves flexibility: Restorative yoga poses are held for longer periods of time, which can help to improve flexibility and mobility in the joints.
- Enhances body awareness: By holding poses for longer periods of time and focusing on the breath, Restorative yoga can help to cultivate a greater sense of body awareness and presence.
- Supports healing: Restorative yoga can be beneficial for those recovering from injury or illness, as it can help to reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and promote overall healing.
- Balances the nervous system: Restorative yoga poses can help to balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, which can improve overall health and well-being.
- Promotes better sleep: Restorative yoga can help to improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Overall, Restorative yoga can be a valuable addition to any yoga practice, as it provides an opportunity to slow down, release tension, and cultivate a greater sense of relaxation and ease in the body and mind.