Virabhadrasana – III (Warrior – III Pose)
- This is warrior 2.
- Start in Tadasana.
- Then exhale into chair pose, keeping your thighs parallel to the mat as much as you can. From here exhale and step back into a lunge position, your right foot in front and left foot behind.
- Inhale and turn your right foot out 90 degrees.
- Turn your left foot inwards slightly so it is pointing in the direction of the right foot.
- Then keep your arms parallel to the floor and lean down active from the torso so that your torso and arms are in a straight line.
- Exhale and straighten the right leg as you go while simultaneously raising the back leg until it forms a straight line from toe to head.
- Press strongly through the right leg and heel to balance.
- Stay here breathing easily for thirty seconds.
- Then slowly release the pose and come back to Tadasana.
- Repeat the pose on the other side.
- Balance concerns or vertigo
- High blood pressure
- Contract and tone the abdominal organs and makes the leg muscles
- more shapely and sturdy.
- It is recommended for runners, as it gives
- vigour and agility. helps one to stand firmly on the soles of the feet,
- keeps the stomach muscles in and gives agility to the body and the mind.