Virabhadrasana – I (Warrior – I Pose)
- This is warrior 1.
- Start in Tadasana.
- Step your feet three and a half to four feet apart on an exhale. Inhale and turn your right foot out 90 degrees.
- Turn your left foot inwards slightly so it is pointing in the direction of the right foot. Make your thighs firm.
- Now exhale and press down until your right thigh is parallel to the ground, while your back knee is straight.
- Now inhale and raise your arms so that they are by the sides of your ears, reaching up, your fingers activated and pointing to the sky.
- On an exhale, make sure your hips are pointing forward.
- Stay here breathing easily for thirty seconds.
- Then slowly release the pose and come back to Tadasana.
- Repeat the pose on the other side.
- Knee injury
- Shoulder concerns
- High blood pressure
- Builds strength and endurance. In this pose the chest is fully
- expanded and this helps deep breathing. It relieves stiffness .in
- shoulders and back, tones up the ankles and knees and cures stiffness of the neck.
- It also reduces fat round the hips.