Vajroli Mudra Procedure and Benefits
Vajroli mudra is a yogic practice that involves contracting the pelvic floor muscles to control the flow of urine and sexual fluids. Here’s a brief on the procedure and benefits of Vajroli mudra:
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position.
- Relax your body and focus on your breath.
- Contract the pelvic floor muscles, as if you were trying to stop the flow of urine or holding back gas.
- Hold the contraction for as long as you can, then release.
- Repeat the contraction and release cycle several times.
- As you practice, you can increase the duration of the contractions and the number of repetitions.
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles: Vajroli mudra can help to strengthen the muscles that support the bladder, uterus, and rectum, reducing the risk of prolapse and incontinence.
- Improves sexual function: Vajroli mudra can help to increase sexual energy and improve sexual function by enhancing control over ejaculation and enhancing sensitivity.
- Increases energy flow: Vajroli mudra is said to help awaken kundalini energy, promoting spiritual growth and wellbeing.
- Enhances overall health: Vajroli mudra can help to enhance overall health and wellbeing by promoting proper blood circulation, digestion, and elimination.
- It is important to practice Vajroli mudra under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions. People with pelvic pain, prostate issues, or urinary tract infections should avoid this practice.