Utkatasana(chair pose or mighty pose)
- This is the chair pose. Start in Tadasana.
- From there inhale and raise your hands over your head with palms facing each other.
- Then exhale and bend your knees and try and make your thighs parallel to the mat or floor.
- Make sure that your knees do not extend out over your toes.
- Press your tailbone down towards the floor and try and keep the back firm.
- Stay here breathing easily for thirty seconds.
- Then inhale and rise back up.
- Exhale and lower your arms down to your side.
Precaution: Knee injury
- Builds strength and endurance in the hips and thighs.
- Opens and tones the chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens shoulders and open the chest.
- Strengthens and tones the ankles, thighs, calves, and spine
- Activate and optimize the efficiency of abdominal organs, diaphragm, and heart. Reduces flat feet.