- This is the mountain pose.
- You must stand straight and erect.
- Your hands must be locked straight by your sides, your heels and big toes of your feet touching each other.
- Your weight is equally distributed across your feet and your knee caps are pulled up as your knees are tightened and your hips contracted.
- Your spine is straight and your neck is straight.
- Now raise your hands over your head, keeping your elbows locked straight on either side of your ears.
- Stay like this for thirty seconds breathing easily.
- Then relax and return to Tadasana.
Precaution: No precaution for this pose.
- Align whole body evenly both left and right side of body.
- Remove lower back pain and reduces breathing rate, improves lungs holding capacity.
- Strengthen ankle, knee, hip, spine and shoulder joints.
- Concentration and calmness in mind.