- This is the upright pose. You must stand straight and erect.
- Your hands must be locked straight by your sides, your heels and big toes of your feet touching each other.
- Your weight is equally distributed across your feet and your knee caps are pulled up as your knees are tightened and your hips contracted. Your spine is straight and your neck is straight.
- Stay here breathing easily.
Precaution: No precaution.
- Builds symmetry and balance in body alignment and overall posture.
- Tones the lower extremities.
- Strengthens the arches.
- Improves strength in the spinal and abdominal musculature.
- Improves overall posture.
- Align whole body evenly both left and right side of body.
- Remove lower back pain and reduces breathing rate, improves lungs holding capacity.
- Strengthen ankle, knee, hip, spine and shoulder joints.
- Concentration and calmness in mind.