Sahajoli mudra Procedure and Benefits
Sahajoli mudra is a yogic practice that involves controlling the flow of urine using the muscles of the urinary tract. Here’s a brief on the procedure and benefits of Sahajoli mudra:
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position.
- Relax your body and focus on your breath.
- Contract the muscles around your urethra as if you were trying to stop the flow of urine.
- Hold the contraction for a few seconds, then release.
- Repeat the contraction and release cycle several times.
- As you practice, you can increase the duration of the contractions and the number of repetitions.
- Strengthens urinary tract muscles: Sahajoli mudra can help to strengthen the muscles of the urinary tract, reducing the risk of incontinence and improving bladder control.
- Improves sexual function: Sahajoli mudra can help to increase sexual energy and improve sexual function by enhancing control over ejaculation and enhancing sensitivity.
- Promotes mindfulness: Sahajoli mudra involves focusing the mind on the sensations in the pelvic area, which can help to promote mindfulness and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Enhances overall health: Sahajoli mudra can help to enhance overall health and wellbeing by promoting proper blood circulation, digestion, and elimination.
- It is important to practice Sahajoli mudra under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions. People with pelvic pain, prostate issues, or urinary tract infections should avoid this practice.