Prasarita Padottanasana(Wide-Legged Forward Bend Pose)
- This is a forward bend with a wide stance.
- Step your feet three and a half to four feet apart on an exhale.
- Now inhale and place your hands on your hips and turn your feet inwards so the toes point forwards.
- Engage your thigh muscles and make your torso longer.
- Now exhale and bend forward from the lower back and press into the floor with your palms parallel to your shoulders and your elbows bent.
- Try and rest the crown of your head on the floor.
- Stay here, breathing easily for thirty seconds.
- Then come out of the pose and relax.
- Shoulder injury
- Back concerns
- Stretches the hamstrings, inner thighs, and low back.
- Builds stability in the feet and legs.
- Stretches the shoulder joints throughout the range of motion.
- Relaxes and recharges the mind and body.
- Stimulates and tones the abdominals.
- People who cannot do Sirsasana can benefit from this pose, which increases digestive powers.