- This is the gate pose.
- Start in a kneeling position on your mat.
- Inhale and rise up so that your upper thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Exhale and bring your left thigh out to the side of your body, placing the foot flat on the mat.
- The knee should be straight as you stretch the left leg out to the side, supported on your right leg.
- Inhale and take your left hand out and place it below your left knee as you bend the torso to the left side.
- Exhale Inhale and take your right hand over your head so that you are leaning over to the left side with your whole upper body, including the right arm.
- Stay here, breathing easily for thirty seconds.
- Then come out of the pose and relax. Repeat the pose on the other side.
- Who having knee problem should avoid this pose.
- Pelvic region is stretched and strengthened.
- Abdomen is extended and keep healthy.
- Sideways spinal movement will help persons suffering from stiff rigid back.