Nauli kriya Procedure and Benefits
Nauli kriya is an advanced yoga technique that involves isolating and contracting the abdominal muscles to create a rolling motion in the abdominal area. Here’s a brief on the procedure and benefits of Nauli kriya:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Place your hands on your thighs and inhale deeply.
- Exhale completely and then contract the muscles of the lower abdomen, pulling them up towards the diaphragm.
- Hold the breath and contract the muscles of the middle abdomen, pulling them up towards the ribcage.
- Hold the breath and contract the muscles of the upper abdomen, pushing them forward and down towards the pelvic region.
- Release the breath and relax the abdominal muscles.
- Repeat the process for a few rounds.
- Improves digestion: Nauli kriya helps to stimulate the digestive system, improving digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles: Regular practice of nauli kriya can help to strengthen the abdominal muscles, providing support to the lower back and improving posture.
- Massages internal organs: The rolling motion created by nauli kriya can help to massage the internal organs, improving their function and promoting overall health.
- Regulates metabolism: Nauli kriya can help to regulate metabolism, which can aid in weight loss and promote overall health.
- Reduces stress and anxiety: The rhythmic movement of the abdominal muscles in nauli kriya can help to reduce stress and anxiety, promoting a sense of calm and relaxation.
- It is important to practice nauli kriya safely and correctly to avoid any adverse effects. It is recommended to learn the technique under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher. People with digestive or other health conditions should consult a healthcare provider before trying nauli kriya.