Janu Sirsasana – Head to Knee Posture
(janu – knee, sirsa – head)
- Come to Dandasana (staff posture), bend right leg knee with help of arm place it heels at root of reproductive organs or close to perineum, calf muscles touching back thigh muscles, knees pressing downward, right foot pointing forward.
- Inhale, raise both your arms from ground beside thighs, extend your back and bend from lower back catch hold left foot by both palms.
- Foot facing towards sky, knee straight, left leg in straight line not tilting either side, forehead at your shin muscles.
- Stay in this posture for 10 to 40 seconds or till you feel comfortable, by breathing longer and even through your nose.
- Release your arms, lift head, come up from lower back, and exhale arms down.
- Repeat same at opposite side for complimentary.
- It activates pancreas and makes insulin to function efficiently, it strengthen pelvic region, hip joints and inner deep quadriceps thigh muscles, release fatigue and tiredness of leg muscles.
- Melts and remove kidney or gall bladder stone.
- Improves digestive mechanisms and strengthen liver, pancreas, prostrate gland.
- Stimulate ida and pingala nadi which is preparatory for activate shushmna nadi.
- Removes lower back stiffness and strengthen lower back, hip joints, and butt, remove back pain gradually by stable practice.