How Yoga can improve your resting Heart Rate?
- Yoga can help improve your resting heart rate by reducing stress and improving cardiovascular health. A lower resting heart rate is an indication of better cardiovascular health and a lower risk of heart disease.
- Yoga is known for its ability to reduce stress and promote relaxation, which can lead to a lower resting heart rate. When we are stressed, our body produces stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, which can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Regular yoga practice can help reduce the production of stress hormones and promote a state of relaxation, leading to a lower resting heart rate.
- Additionally, yoga can also improve cardiovascular health by increasing heart rate variability (HRV). HRV refers to the variation in time between heartbeats and is an indicator of overall cardiovascular health. A higher HRV is associated with better cardiovascular health, while a lower HRV is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. Studies have found that regular yoga practice can increase HRV, leading to better cardiovascular health and a lower resting heart rate.
- Yoga can also help improve flexibility and strengthen the heart and cardiovascular system through various poses and movements. Poses such as downward-facing dog, plank pose, and triangle pose can help improve circulation and increase heart strength, leading to a lower resting heart rate.
- Overall, regular yoga practice can have a significant impact on resting heart rate by reducing stress, improving cardiovascular health, and promoting relaxation.