How Long Should i Meditate? A Step-By-Step Guide for Beginners?
- As a beginner, it’s best to start with short meditation sessions and gradually increase the length of your practice over time. Here’s a step-by-step guide for beginners:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place: Choose a quiet and comfortable place where you can sit or lie down without being disturbed.
- Sit in a comfortable position: Sit with your back straight and your hands resting in your lap or on your knees. You can also lie down if that’s more comfortable for you.
- Set a timer: Set a timer for 5 minutes to start, and gradually increase the time as you become more comfortable with meditation.
- Focus on your breath: Close your eyes and focus on your breath. Notice the sensation of the breath as it enters and leaves your body.
- Let your thoughts come and go: Don’t try to stop your thoughts or judge them, simply observe them and let them come and go.
- Bring your attention back to your breath: If you find yourself getting distracted by your thoughts, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
- End your meditation: When your timer goes off, slowly open your eyes and take a few deep breaths before getting up.
- As a beginner, aim to meditate for at least 5 minutes a day, and gradually increase the time as you become more comfortable with the practice. You can also try guided meditations, which can be helpful for beginners. Remember, the most important thing is to be consistent with your practice, even if it’s just for a few minutes each day.