Gentle Yoga: Definition, Benefits and Styles
Gentle yoga is a type of yoga practice that focuses on slow and gentle movements, making it ideal for beginners or those with physical limitations. This practice is often recommended for seniors, pregnant women, and individuals recovering from injuries or illnesses. Here are some of the benefits and styles of gentle yoga:
- Benefits of Gentle Yoga:
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Improves flexibility and balance
- Helps with chronic pain management
- Increases strength and endurance
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves overall well-being
Styles of Gentle Yoga:
- Hatha Yoga: This traditional style of yoga focuses on basic poses and breathing techniques, making it an ideal choice for beginners.
- Restorative Yoga: This style of yoga involves holding poses for extended periods of time with the use of props, promoting deep relaxation and stress relief.
- Yin Yoga: This practice involves holding passive stretches for several minutes, targeting the deep connective tissues in the body.
- Chair Yoga: This practice involves modifying traditional yoga poses to be performed in a seated position, making it accessible for individuals with limited mobility.
- Gentle Vinyasa: This style of yoga combines gentle movements with breathwork, promoting relaxation and mindfulness.
Overall, gentle yoga is a great way to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and improve overall physical and mental well-being.