What is Yin Yoga?
Yin yoga is a training that centers around extending your connective tissues (especially the fascia) to fortify and lengthen them.
Yin yoga is a practice that focuses on stretching your connective tissues (particularly the fascia) in order to strengthen and lengthen them. Hold the posture for 3-5 minutes each, and work with the energy meridians in the body, and cultivate active stretching ability in the connective tissue to increase strength and flexibility, improve joint mobility, improve posture and release internal trauma.
What is Restorative Yoga?
Regenerative Yoga is a meditation practice that uses props such as blocks, straps, sandbags, supports, and blankets to encourage you to passively release tension from your mind and body.
This style can passively release deep tension without active stretching.
Difference between Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga
These practices are similar in a sense; they are slow, contemplative practices for long-term holding. So how are they different?
- Props: Both styles can use accessories, but in yin yoga, if accessories are used, they are used to deepen or soften the stretch. In restorative yoga, accessories are used to fully support your body. Generally, restorative yoga will use many more accessories than yin, which can include straps, blankets, blocks, sandbags, and bolsters.
- Stretch: In yin yoga, there is active stretching, but in restorative yoga, the goal is 100% support and passivity without active stretching.
- Focus: In Yin Yoga, the focus is on stretching the connective tissues, while in Restorative Yoga, the focus is on passively releasing physical and mental tension.
- Poses: Maintain the Yin yoga posture for about 3-5 minutes, while the restorative yoga posture for 5-10 minutes.
Yin yoga benefits:
- promotes strength and flexibility
- Maintain joint health and mobility
- Improve posture
- Relieve the trauma and emotions stored in the connective tissue of the human body
- Bring negative thinking patterns into your consciousness so that you can work with them and remove them
To whom for Yin Yoga
- Do you have a very hectic lifestyle?
- Do you cling to narratives from the past that no longer serve you?
- Do you sit at a desk most of the time?
- Are over 50 years old?
Benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Relieve stress
- Deep relaxation
- Breathing work
- Create a sense of security in mind and body.
- Reaching a state of higher level of consciousness
- Cultivate satisfaction
To whom for Restorative Yoga
- Do you deal with excessive stress and anxiety every day?
- Is it difficult for you to relax after a normal working day?
- Do you have trouble finding time for yourself?