Common Bone Disorders
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis is a common disease that weakens bones, characterized with the prominent porous formation in the shaft or articulating part of the bone. As bones weaken, your risk of sudden and unexpected fractures increases.
- Rickets- Rickets is a skeletal disorder that results from a lack of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate.
- Osteomyelitis- Osteomyelitis is a bone infection that is caused by bacteria, characterized by severe pain and tenderness.
- Osteosarcoma- An osteosarcoma or osteogenic sarcoma is a cancerous tumor in a bone. Specifically, it is an aggressive malignant neoplasm that arises from primitive transformed cells of mesenchymal origin and that exhibits osteoblastic differentiation and produces malignant osteoid.
- Osteomalacia- Osteomalacia is softening of the bones. It most often occurs because of a problem with vitamin D.