Basti kriya Procedure and Benefits
Basti kriya is a cleansing technique in yoga that involves the cleansing of the colon or large intestine with the use of water or other liquids. Here’s a brief on the procedure and benefits of Basti kriya:
- Lie down on your back and raise your legs.
- Lubricate the anus and rectum with oil or ghee.
- Insert a small tube or nozzle into the rectum.
- Slowly pour warm water or other liquid into the rectum through the tube or nozzle.
- Hold the liquid in the rectum for a few minutes, allowing it to cleanse the colon.
- Release the liquid and eliminate the waste material from the body.
- Practice a few rounds of Basti kriya.
- Cleanses the colon: Basti kriya helps to remove waste material and toxins from the colon, promoting colon health and preventing constipation.
- Improves digestion: Basti kriya can help to improve digestion by promoting the release of digestive juices and enzymes, which can aid in the breakdown and absorption of food.
- Promotes overall health: Basti kriya can help to eliminate toxins from the body, promoting overall health and well-being.
- Relieves constipation: Basti kriya can help to relieve constipation and other digestive issues.
- Strengthens the digestive system: Regular practice of Basti kriya can help to strengthen the digestive system, promoting better absorption of nutrients and preventing digestive problems.
- It is important to practice Basti kriya under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher to avoid any adverse effects. People with digestive or other health conditions should consult a healthcare provider before trying Basti kriya.