Yin yoga sequence for the legs
- Butterfly Pose: Sit on the floor and bring the soles of your feet together, letting your knees drop open to the sides. Bring your heels as close to your body as you comfortably can. Place your hands on your feet or ankles and gently fold forward, resting your forehead on a prop if needed. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Dragon Pose: Come into a lunge position with your right foot forward. Lower your left knee to the ground and walk your right foot out to the side. Rest your forearms on a prop or the ground and hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Square Pose: Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Bend your right knee and place your right foot on the floor, crossing it over your left leg. Your right ankle should be resting on your left thigh. If your knee is lifted, place a prop or blanket under it for support. Fold forward over your legs and hold for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Caterpillar Pose: Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Fold forward over your legs and rest your hands on your legs or prop your forehead on a block. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Supported Bridge Pose: Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Place a block or bolster under your hips and extend your arms overhead or place your hands on your belly or thighs. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Legs Up the Wall Pose: Sit with one side of your body next to a wall and lie down on your back, placing your legs up the wall. If you need to, scoot your hips closer to or further away from the wall to find a comfortable stretch in your hamstrings. Relax your arms by your sides or overhead. Hold for 3-5 minutes.
Remember to breathe deeply and relax into each pose. Allow the stretch to penetrate deeply into your legs and release any tension or tightness. Enjoy the benefits of a relaxing Yin yoga practice for your legs!