Purvottanasana – Intense East Stretch
(Purva – east, Uttana- intense stretch)
- Come to Dandasana posture, by palms on floor beside thighs.
- Recline back, rest palms pointing towards head, straight to shoulders, press palms down lift lower back, hip, thighs, towards sky.
- Knees straight, foot on ground.
- Neck long, straight line with body.
- Whole body perpendicular rot he ground.
- Stay in this posture for 10 to 15 seconds, by normal deep inhalation and exhalation at your nostrils.
- Exhale bend elbows, knees, drop legs, hip down and relax.
- Strengthen wrist, arms, shoulder, neck, open chest improves breathing makes heart stronger.
- Tones lower back, pelvic region, give suppleness to ankles and foot.
- Good for arthritis and lower back peoples.